Host a TPAQ Course
ASCA believes that our industry has lacked a comprehensive course that would teach professionals about the theory and application of appraisal approaches, methods, and techniques. To meet that need, ASCA created the Tree and Plant Appraisal Qualification (TPAQ) program.
What Is the TPAQ Certificate Program?
The TPAQ certificate program is an interactive training experience that delves into the concepts contained in the Guide for Plant Appraisal, currently in its 10th edition. Using instructor-led discussions and case scenarios to illustrate concepts, participants will become proficient in conducting appraisals using the various approaches contained in the 10th edition.
The training culminates with an open-book exam that tests attendees on their comprehension of the material and concepts. Successful candidates will receive a certificate and be entitled to list TPAQ as a credential.
Approved Course Providers Are Responsible for:
- Providing a classroom site location and meeting all other site requirements.
- Providing a ratio of one instructor for every 20 attendees (host organization pays the speaker fee and costs).
- Marketing the training.
- Providing a way for students to register and pay for the class and collecting the required contact information.
- Providing an ASCA-endorsed trainer, classroom, and outdoor space necessary for delivering the training.
- Providing staff to administer and proctor the test.
- Securely sending completed tests to ASCA for grading and recordkeeping.
- Returning any unused tests to maintain the programs integrity.
- Paying fees and sending requested information to ASCA in a timely manner.
- Abiding by the terms of the agreement and being committed to maintaining the integrity of the TPAQ certificate program.
ASCA Will Provide Hosts With:
- PowerPoint curriculum.
- The test.
- Grading for all tests.
- Testing results for everyone that attends.
- Record keeping for each attendee.
- Marketing templates the host can use to promote the program.
- Details about the workshop on ASCA's website.
- A list of ASCA-endorsed and trained TPAQ instructors from which to choose.
If you have an interest in hosting a TPAQ event, click the button above to contact ASCA staff about details.