Take Your Career to the Next Level
Since its inception in 1995, more than 850 aspiring consultants and Consulting Arborists have attended ASCA's Consulting Academy to learn and further hone the skills necessary to develop and maintain thriving consulting practices.
As the most comprehensive training experience for arborists who consult, the Consulting Academy includes interactive workshops and lectures on all aspects of consulting arboriculture.
Three Big Reasons to Attend
- You'll be one step closer to becoming a Registered Consulting Arborist (RCA)--the industry's most prestigious professional designation.
- You'll learn what you need to know to stand apart from your competition--report writing, the role consultants can play in contentious situations, how to conduct forensic investigations, guidelines for a professional consulting practice, and more.
- You'll gain the necessary skills to transition to a consulting career.
Who Should Attend
- Arborists who consult.
- Arborists who are ready to transition from a tree care business to consulting.
- Other Green Industry professionals who are interested in consulting.
Your attendance at the Academy is worth 30 CEUs toward fulfilling ASCA's Continuing Education Program for the 2014-2015 reporting period.
ISA has approved the Academy for CEUs for Board Certified Master Arborists, Certified Arborist Municipal Specialists, and Certified Arborists.
- Pre-Academy Report: Once you've registered for the Academy, you will receive a scenario to use for preparing a written report that you are expected to submit prior to the Academy. The report will not be graded. It is sent to your coach so that he or she can review it and understand your current report writing skills. You will also use it during the report writing session at the Academy and during your one-on-one conference with your coach.
- Practice Management Webinars: Included in your registration fee! You will be provided access to three one-hour online webinars that focus on important practice management topics: contracts, insurance, and determining your fees. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss these topics during the Academy.
You must pass:
- An open-book written exam given on the last day of the Academy.
- A post-Academy take home report.
Your registration fee covers three webinars on practice management topics that are important to consultants, including:
- Consulting Arborist Insurance Needs
- Understanding Professional Service Contracts: Protecting Yourself and Your Clients
- Calculating Your Expenses to Manage Budgets and Determine Customer Fee Structures